Brainspotting is a brain-based therapy that harnesses the body’s natural drive towards healing. It is a powerful, rapid, effective tool that focuses on the deep brain sources of many emotional and somatic issues and resolves these issues from the source.
What can Brainspotting help treat:
- Trauma (big or small)
- Enhancing performance and creativity/creative blocks
- Anxiety (and the underlying trauma that contributes to it)
- Depression (and the underlying trauma that contributes to it)
- Attachment wounds
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Complicated grief/Traumatic grief
In this video, David Grand, PhD–the discoverer and developer of Brainspotting–answers questions about what it is, how it is different from EMDR, and the issues it can be helpful for.
“I am happy because I choose to look at things that make me happy and my eyes catch their funny edge and I laugh”
— Carlos Castaneda, A Separate Reality
Below are some videos with more information about Brainspotting.