When I graduated undergrad, I got a job doing HIV testing, counseling and street outreach in high risk neighborhoods in New Orleans. I fell in love with the counseling part and pursued a master’s. I have since worked in charter and metro public schools as a school based therapist, and in the Peace Corps working with youth in a small farming village 2 miles up in the Andes mountains. In 2018, after the birth of my first child, I started a private practice focused on mind and body based therapeutic approaches (CBT, Brainspotting, Yoga, Biofeedback, Somatic, and Existential approaches) working with teens and adults. I love learning and always aim to stay abreast of the latest research of what best facilitates growth and healing.
The feedback my clients have given me is that I’m easy to talk to and collaborate with. I see myself as your teammate. You are the expert on your life: you have access to your memories, your thoughts, your beliefs and your sensations. My training and experience allows me to help you identify the places where you get stuck and the traps you are falling into, and to hold space for your healing, as well as offer concrete strategies and solutions to help you help yourself.
Experimentation and troubleshooting are often part of the process. There is no one sized fits all approach. We work together to come up with ways that will help you get out of your own way, grow, and heal.
I love my work because it helps me– forces me, even–to stay connected to what really matters to me: the essential goodness and vulnerability and shared humanity in all of us, the mystery and heartbreak and vastness and beauty and fragility of being alive, and our yearning to grow and to be better.
My hope is that, if we work together, you will feel more in touch with what most sincerely matters to you, and more able to embody it.
A little more about me:
My husband and I have two small children. In my spare time I love playing golf, playing soccer, and hiking and being in nature with my family. I’d love to hear about what you like to do!
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish from Tulane University, 2008
- Master’s of Education in Counselor Education from the University of New Orleans, 2013
- Returned Peace Corps Peru Volunteer
- Licensed and regulated by the state of Tennessee as a Licensed Professional Counselor with the Mental Health Service Provider designation (LPC-MHSP).
- Phase 1 and 2 trained in Brainspotting.
- Trained in incorporating meditation into Psychotherapy (Tara Brach’s Meditation and Psychotherapy training.)
- Level 1 and 2 trauma sensitive yoga trained (Yoga for Trauma and Resiliency from Sacred Roots Wellness)
- Completed training in TFCBT (trauma focused-cognitive behavioral therapy) and have basic training in ARC (attachment, regulation, competency) training.
- Completed training in Integrative and Nutritional medicine for mental health
- Completed Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional course on applying neuroscience to treating anxiety, panic and worry.
- Certified Realization Process meditation teacher, a direct path to embodied nondual awakening
“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”