What is the difference between coaching and counseling?
Coaching is not the same as counseling. The focus in coaching is on setting and achieving specific goals to improve your life. In coaching, we work together to come up with a structured plan to meet specific goals of yours and I provide lots of concrete feedback and strategies.
In therapy, our focus is to help you work through emotional wounds, unresolved trauma and to help you learn how to ease the distress caused by anxiety, depression, OCD, and really difficult life circumstances. We usually meet for weekly 50 minute sessions, and start to meet less frequently as you begin to feel better.
What is best for me, coaching or counseling?
If you have a goal you want to work towards AND things like anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, divorce, or new parenthood AREN’T interfering with your life, then coaching may be for you. If they ARE overwhelming you, then therapy is probably for you. Contact me for a free consultation to discuss what may be best for your specific situation!
I offer coaching tailored to clients specific goals, as well as specifically for meditation and mindfulness, biofeedback, or Brainspotting processing sessions.
Coaching could be for you if:
- You feel mostly okay and want to deepen your personal growth
- You have specific goals that you want to reach, but you can’t get over the obstacles to meeting them by yourself
- You want to explore what is holding you back from the life you want to live and have concrete strategies to get out of your own way
- You want a teammate to hold you accountable for your goals and to help you see any blind spots that are holding you back
- You want to deepen your experience of embodiment and the radical freedom and acceptance that can come with it
- You want a holistic lens to help you feel empowered in your own life; with attention paid to nutrition, sleep, exercise as well as to your patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving
Brainspotting Processing sessions could be for you if:
- You have met with me in the past and have experience with Brainspotting
- You want to enhance your creativity
- You want to work through sports performance issues
- You want to use Brainspotting to improve your meditation practice or to deepen your spiritual experience and unity consciousness and open your being more fully
Meditation and Mindfulness coaching may be for you if:
- You have tried to establish a practice and haven’t been successful
- You are overwhelmed with the different types of meditation available
- You feel like you are failing at meditation
- You want to learn more about different types of meditation and which one may be best for you
- You want to be more intentional and present in your life and relationships
- You want meditation to be a pleasure and not a chore
- You want meditation to fit into your life and help deepen your experience