Sleep hygiene tips:
- No screens at least one hour before bed. If you have to be on a screen, consider wearing some blue light blocking glasses.
- Try to do some aerobic exercise daily; ideally in the morning or early afternoon–or at least several hours before bedtime
- Have a routine: go to bed and wake up around the same time each day
- Make a bedtime routine: do some gentle stretching or yoga, take a warm shower or bath or have a warm cup of tea and gently wind down for the night
- If you are lying awake for more than 20 minutes in your bed, get up and go to a different room and do something boring until you feel sleepy again
- Only use your bed for sleep and sex
- Avoid taking long naps in the daytime. Try a 20 or 30 minute catnap to recharge, or listen to a yoga nidra meditation.
Great yoga nidra for sleep: